Canada at a glance
• The population of Canada is around 34.88 million residing in 10 Province & 3 Territories of Canada
• Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Windsor, Quebec, Halifax, Victoria are some of the major cities of Canada
• Second largest country in the world after Russia
• Canada spending highest amount of funds on education in the world
• Canada's education system is excellent and ranks among the best in the world.
• Possibility to work in Canada after graduation.
• The best employment opportunities as per your skills level.
• As per federal labour law minimum salary is 10 C$ per hour.
• A safe, stable country.
• Very good social securities & powerful human rights.
• Child education is free up to secondary level.
• Standard of living is very high.
• High Per Capita Income.
• You can sponsor your parents for permanent residency after three years. You can also sponsor your immediate relatives like real brother, sister, uncle, aunt, niece & nephews.
• Strong immigration program after study.
• PNP – Provincial Nominee Program – Students studying in Canada may be eligible for faster PR (Permanent Residency) under PNP program
• The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) accelerates the Permanent Resident application process for skilled and/or experienced workers, experienced business persons and their family members who want to settle in BC permanently. It allows nominees to apply for Permanent Resident status through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) under the fast-tracked Provincial Nominee stream which can be faster than applying through many federal immigration streams.
Canada Education System
Canadian education system comprises of universities and colleges.
Following qualifications are awarded by these institutions
Bachelors degree – Duration 4 years
Masters degree – Duration 2 years
Doctorate degree – Duration 3 to 5 years
Diploma – Duration 1 year
Advanced diploma – Duration 2 years
Graduate Certificate / Post Graduate Diploma – Duration 1 to 2 year
Canada invites 1,50,000 international students every year to study in Canada and also gives opportunity to work and settle. Following are the reasons why a student should prefer Canada
• The United Nations ranked Canada as one of the best places in the world to live. This assessment was based upon Canada's achievements in terms of educational attainment, life expectancy, national income general quality of life. It also included Canada's abundance of fresh water, comfortable population density, low incidence of violent crime and a health care system that is a model for the world.
• Canada has the highest per-capita immigration rate in the world, driven by economic policy and family reunification, and is aiming for between 2,40,000 and 2,65,000 new permanent residents in 2010.
• High Chances of a safe, stable country. Canada is a peaceful, politically stable and safe country. We have laws that protect the rights of our citizens and our country is relatively unaffected by natural disasters getting Permanent Residency Visa through various programs
Excellent health care. Compared to other countries, medical insurance is inexpensive in Canada yet the services that Canadian hospitals provide are among the most advanced and accessible in the world.
A bilingual country. Learn another language or improve your second language skills. For over a century, Canada's two official languages, English and French, have been taught as a second language which is why we are world leaders in language training.
Internationally recognized degrees. Each year hundreds of thousands of international students attend Canadian colleges and universities. Their degrees are recognized around the world as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries
• A degree or a diploma from a Canadian Educational Institution is universally recognized for its high academic standards
Cost of Education & Living: The cost of education in Canada is between CAD$8000-10000 for Undergraduate Courses and between CAD$ 10000-14000 for Post-Graduate Courses. The cost of living is approximately CAD$8000–10000 per year, this covers all the living expenses; including accommodation, food, travel, books, clothes and entertainment.
Major Cities: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver.
Documents Required For Admission
• Completed Application form
• Essay/s or writing sample
• Statement of Purpose required for graduates and optional for undergraduates
• Resume for MBA Students
• Official score reports of SAT/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT to be sent by ETS
• Letter from Bank stating – funds available for study
• Affidavit of Financial Support i.e. letter signed from sponsor or parent
• Transcripts and Mark sheets from College or University
• Certificates of Extracurricular Activities
Documents Checklist for SPP (STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM)
• Checklist – Ensure you attach this checklist as a cover sheet on your application
• Current Passport
• Application form (two recent, original passport-sized photos to be attached to form)
• Personal Information Form
• Student Questionnaire (please use questionnaire attached to this message until the questionnaire is up-dated on the web-site)
• Letter of acceptance from a Canadian educational institution showing planned start and end date of program and any conditions upon acceptance into program
• Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476)
• For Quebec-bound students only- Copy of Certificat d'acceptation du Québec-CAQ
• IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0
• Copy of most recent diploma/leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets
• Other educational certificates/diplomas/degrees (including mark sheets)
• Copy of receipts for payment provided by the Canadian educational institution (pre- payment of first term is recommended)
• Copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition + living + travel expenses for one academic year (normally, first year's tuition unless already paid, plus $8000). See information on the next page for the list of acceptable banks
• Form 16 for salaried employees or income tax return document
• Bank record showing transaction history for: current month, as well as bank record from 6 months ago, and from 1 year ago for the same bank account
• Copy of medical examination form IMM1017 if you opted to undergo a medical examination before submitting your application. Submission of this form does not guarantee approval of your application
• It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your application. However, doing so may result in faster processing. Medical results are valid for one year
• Only one application per person per semester will be processed under the SPP (Student Partnership Program). Subsequent applications for the same semester following a refusal will NOT form part of SPP processing
• To file Study Permit application under SPP, it is mandatory to take an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank (Approved by Canadian High Commission)
• After reviewing your application, the Visa officer will decide if an interview is necessary.
ALL DIPLOMA, PG DIPLOMA AND MASTERS PROGRAMME IN BELOW MENTIONED FIELDS AVAILABLE:
1. HEALTH CARE
5. SOCIAL WORK
7. COMPUTER NETWORKING
10. HUMAN RESOURCE