Nursing In UK
MSC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Qualified nurses with registration in their country and the required English proficiency level and a decision letter from the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) have the option to complete the Overseas Nursing Programme as part of the programme. On successful completion of this programme students are able to apply to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in order to practice in the UK as a nurse.
• The duration of programme is 18 months (1 year study plus 6 months work placement). ONP
is an integral part of the programme.
• Qualified students can clear ONP and get registered with NMC even while on the M.Sc programme and work as R.N. during the work placement.
• Married students can apply for their dependents; spouse and children under 18. Spouse is allowed to work full time.
1. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (LEARNING DISABILITY)
2. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (MIDWIFERY)
3. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (MENTAL HEALTH)
4. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (RESEARCH)
5. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (VULNERABLE PERSON)
6. M.SC PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (SOCIAL CARE MANAGEMENT)
The M.Sc Professional Practice programme offers a sound educational experience for health and social care practitioners within both home and international markets. Its flexible structure with a choice of modules enables the student to make educational choices to create an individual program that supports their own professional practice.The programme does not lead to registration on any professional register.
However, for those international students who are qualified nurses with effective registration in their country of training and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.0 or above and a decision letter from the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) there is the option to complete the Overseas Nursing Program as part of the program. On successful completion of this program students are able to apply to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in order to practice in the UK as a nurse (on condition of satisfying NMC criteria and eligibility to practice).